CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS 2019
SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2019 FESTIVAL ARE NOW OPEN
rEvolver Theatre Festival National and Local Mainstage and Site-Specific Programming
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – rEvolver Theatre Festival
May 22 – June 2, 2019
Upintheair Theatre is now accepting applications for the 2019 rEvolver Festival. rEvolver will be presented in and around the Vancouver East Cultural Centre (The Cultch) May 22 – June 2, 2019. We invite submissions from artistically and culturally diverse companies and artists from across Canada to have their work considered.
DEADLINE ALL SUBMISSIONS:
oCTOBER 1, 2018 (Postmarked or Emailed)
About the Festival:
rEvolver is an incubator of new work with a focus on formal innovation, supporting emerging and early-mid career theatre makers at transformative junctions in their careers.
The festival presents adventurous and high energy works, bringing audiences the full range of contemporary performance, from script-based theatre to devised and site-specific works, dance, installation, and work-in-progress.
rEvolver features primarily new Canadian work, although we will also consider submissions wishing to premiere reinterpretations of existing works. We program work with a strong artistic vision that takes risks, and is reflective of diverse voices and experiences.
We invite artists of all ages, abilities, cultural practices, ethnicities, socio-economic status, genders, religions, and sexual orientations to apply to participate in the festival.
Upintheair Theatre provides participants in the festival with:
• A performance guarantee, festival tickets, and/or box-office split.
• A venue equipped with festival lighting and sound.
• Venue technician and technical support from the Festival Technical Staff.
• Festival advertising and marketing including website, brochure, and press releases
• Front of House and Box Office services.
• Shared use of rehearsal space leading up to the festival.
• Archival Video Recording of your performance.
• Local Companies: Training in Independent Producing through Block P Independent Producing Workshop, including mentoring from festival staff and theatre professionals in partnership with Playwrights Theatre Centre.
• National Companies only: Assistance with travel costs (NOTE: National submissions must be 400km or farther geographically from Vancouver to be considered).
Pay your rEvolver reading fee via Paypal here
Banner Photo Credit: Brief Encounters 17 and is of Meghan Currie (Visual Artist) + Jeff Carter (Film & Video Artist)