CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS 2018
rEvolver Theatre Festival National and Local Mainstage and Site-Specific Programming
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – rEvolver Theatre Festival
May 23 – June 3, 2018
Upintheair Theatre is now accepting applications for the 2018 rEvolver Festival. rEvolver will be presented in and around the Vancouver East Cultural Centre (The Cultch) May 23 – June 3, 2018.
We invite submissions from artistically and culturally diverse companies and artists from across Canada to have their work considered.
DEADLINE ALL SUBMISSIONS:
September 29th, 2017 (Postmarked or Emailed)
About the Festival:
rEvolver is an incubator of new work with a focus on formal innovation, supporting emerging and early-mid career theatre makers at transformative junctions in their careers.
The festival presents adventurous, high energy, and sophisticated performance, bringing audiences the full range of contemporary theatrical practice, from script-based theatre to devised and site-specific works, and staged readings of work-in-progress.
rEvolver features primarily new Canadian work, although we will also consider submissions from companies wishing to premiere re- interpretations of existing works. In particular, we encourage work that takes risks, that is reflective of diverse voices and experiences, that is creative and has a clear artistic vision.
We program performances that appeal to a variety of demographics and reflect artistic and cultural diversity. We invite artists of all ages, abilities, cultural practices, ethnicities, socio-economic status, genders, religions, and sexual orientations to apply to participate in the festival.
rEvolver Theatre Festival will provide successful companies with:
- A performance guarantee, festival tickets, and box-office split
- A venue equipped with festival lighting and sound
- Venue technician and technical support from the Festival Technical Staff
- Festival advertising and marketing including website, brochure, and press releases
- Front of House and Box Office services
- Shared use of rehearsal space at the Test Kitchen at Playwrights Theatre Centre or The Greenhouse at the Cultch leading up to the festival
- Participation in Block P Independent Producing Workshop, including mentoring from festival staff and theatre professionals in partnership with Playwrights Theatre Centre.
- For National Companies only: assistance with travel costs (NOTE: National submissions must be400km or farther geographically from Vancouver to be considered).
Pay your $35 reading fee via Paypal here
Banner Photo Credit: Brief Encounters 17 and is of Meghan Currie (Visual Artist) + Jeff Carter (Film & Video Artist)